Hi
    I have a note 3 n9005
    it had android 5
    resently I took a nandroid backup with the app:online nandroid backup(for twrp)
    after that I upgraded my android to 7.1.2 xenon HD custom rom
    Its good..but I dont want it Its not friendly with samsungs official roms..
    now I downloaded a custom rom for my note 3 based on S8_note 7&8..I liked it and I want it on my phone..

but here is the problem
    first: how can I downgrade this 7.1.2 rom to 6 without any problem
    second:I wanned to restore the nandroid with twrp then upgrade it to that custom rom,it finds the backup but it stock on the restore page and doesn't restore it..

I asked 2 person..they said flash your phone with: 4 files android 5 official rom with odin
    but there is risks..

pleaseeee help me find the best way and most secure way to downgrade my note 3 n9005 from this 7.1.2 custom rom to 6

you are my one and only hope for this..
    12-23-2017 03:06 PM
    Welcome to the forums. You kind of lost me when you said Xenon isn't friendly with Samsung ROMs. Can you elaborate on what you meant?
    SiNa HB likes this.
    12-23-2017 04:57 PM
    I mean my Rom isn't like a Samsung mobile anymore,I wanna downgrade it to marshmellow,but I dont know what should I do right now
    should I downgrade it to android 5 with 4 files rom then upgrade it to marshmellow
    or should I downgrade it to marshmellow with custom recovery without downgrading to 5

I want help for easiest way and most secure one for this
    12-24-2017 03:32 PM
    Welcome to the forums. You kind of lost me when you said Xenon isn't friendly with Samsung ROMs. Can you elaborate on what you meant?
    read below
    12-24-2017 03:33 PM
    read below
    The ROM you flashed is, as I recall, based off of AOSP (Anrdoid Open Source Project). So now the device has a feel a lot closer to a Nexus or Pixel. It's kind of a double edged sword....while the custom ROM will most likely be supported for a while, Samsung dependent features and apps won't work.

So, a couple counter questions....1. what was your overall goal in flashing the custom ROM? And 2, what are things you want in a new ROM?
    SiNa HB likes this.
    12-24-2017 04:31 PM
    The ROM you flashed is, as I recall, based off of AOSP (Anrdoid Open Source Project). So now the device has a feel a lot closer to a Nexus or Pixel. It's kind of a double edged sword....while the custom ROM will most likely be supported for a while, Samsung dependent features and apps won't work.

So, a couple counter questions....1. what was your overall goal in flashing the custom ROM? And 2, what are things you want in a new ROM?

overall goal? couse I kind of hated that android 5 from 5 years ago on my phone..and wanned to change it
    what I saw in those youtube videos for this rom was good..now that I use it I dont like it too much
    and It turns off!sometimes when Im working with phone..

I want a samsung rom..not official becouse there is no official upper than 5 for this..I want a custom rom like S8 or note 7..like that!
    I downloaded one...Its marshmellow
    now I just dont know exactly what to do!!!
    12-24-2017 09:44 PM
    If Samsung didn't release an official ROM for the device, there is no way a developer can update it. An up to date ROM would have to be a vanilla Android version.
    SiNa HB likes this.
    12-24-2017 11:49 PM
    If Samsung didn't release an official ROM for the device, there is no way a developer can update it. An up to date ROM would have to be a vanilla Android version.
    what do you mean for that?

my question is simple
    I have a custom rom android 7.1.2 on my note 3 n9005
    I want to flash a marshmellow android on it

what is the best way to do that?
    12-25-2017 10:29 AM
    There's no official Marshmallow for the Note 3, so if you found a Marshmallow ROM for it, it's not an official ROM, it's probably more like the 7.1.2 you have now. The last Samsung ROM for the Note 3 was 5.0.1.

As far as which one you should use, if you use a 4-file set, you'll wipe everything you have on the phone (pictures, music, downloaded apps, etc.) If you use a single file ROM you'll keep your data. Either way will take about the same amount of time, and is done the same way (with Odin), so neither one is best. (If it's a custom ROM, do it the way the developer says to do it.)
    SiNa HB and Golfdriver97 like this.
    12-25-2017 11:11 AM
    There's no official Marshmallow for the Note 3, so if you found a Marshmallow ROM for it, it's not an official ROM, it's probably more like the 7.1.2 you have now. The last Samsung ROM for the Note 3 was 5.0.1.

As far as which one you should use, if you use a 4-file set, you'll wipe everything you have on the phone (pictures, music, downloaded apps, etc.) If you use a single file ROM you'll keep your data. Either way will take about the same amount of time, and is done the same way (with Odin), so neither one is best. (If it's a custom ROM, do it the way the developer says to do it.)
    Yea I know that there is no marshmellow for note 3
    I have a custom rom for that but that is way better that this 7.1.2 I have now

you say that I should downgrade this 7.1.2 to 5 with 4-file Rom ??
    then upgrade it to that custom marshmellow rom?

If I downgrade a custom rom to a another rom..with odin..is it safe??

thats my main question..
    12-25-2017 01:06 PM