Tethering smartwatch with play store?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Dear,

I’m searching for a chinese smartwatch which you can answer/deny calls, get notifications,... and download apps from the Play Store. (Fun os). I tought the QW09 was ideal but apparently you can’t answer/deny calls with it.

I hope I can find a watch under $50. Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When you say that you want to take/answer calls on it - do you want it to work stand-alone or just be able to use it as a remote mic/speaker for your phone that is nearby? Most recent watches can do the latter, for the former you're likely going to need to spend more than $50 and you will also need a monthly plan with your provider for the device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Arne Vincken

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. When I say that I want to take/answer calls on it. I want just be able to use it as a remote mic/speaker for your phone that is nearby. I tought if you connect your watch with bluetooth you always can answer/deny calls with your watch and talk trough your watch. Am I right if I say that you can’t answer/deny calls with the “Fifteen QW09” because one YouTube video shows that it can’t (https://youtu.be/XP8jvoahR2M) and the Youtuber “SmartWatch Ticks” said in one of his comments “yes this is a tethering watch...” So I am confused right now. And does the smartwatch DZ09 Or GT08 have the play store? And am I right if I say that all smartwatches with Android 4.4 and 5.1 have the play store?

Which smartwatch for bluetooth calling and play store, under $90 you advise me?

Kind regards,

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It seems that particular watch wants to act more as a stand-alone than as a true companion to a phone. Look for a watch running Android Wear. An example of one that I know for sure acts the way you want it to is the Huawei Watch, though this is out of your price range. You can get to a version of the Play Store on it also, but it is all apps that are designed for use on Android Wear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1