Why won't the slow charge notification go away?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm on a Verizon Moto Z2 Force recently updated to android 8.0. Since the update, it will fast charge until the phone is full and display the slow charge notification over and over while the battery pack Moto mod is charging. When I unplug the phone in the morning, the slow charge notification is still showing and won't go away until I reboot.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most likely, because the phone battery is charging from the battery pack. (Even if it's fully charged, a "charger" [the battery pack, in this case] is connected to the phone.)

Drumanaught

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't say it is slow charging when charging off of the battery pack. If I reboot the phone so that notification goes away and let it charge off the battery pack it doesn't display. This only just started happening after the Android 8.0 update.

Brian Gottfried

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue with the save phone and after the update. I can snooze the message, but it comes back.
Another annoying issue with this, about 1 or 2am, I'm a awakened by short vibration alerts from this system ui slow charging. For some reason, this error decides to start alerting me even though the phone has been on a slow charger for over 4 hours already. I have to unplug and replug to get it to stop alerting me.
This didn't start happening until the 8.0 update.

aaron woodard

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
This must be a issue with all of the Moto Z2 Force mine does the exact same thing. i am espcially fond of the tantrum it throws at 1-2 am to let me know that its slow charging over and over and over!

Lolvender

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
I have the EXACT same problem. Very frustrated because it started so suddenly. I had to get a replacement phone sent out because the store associate insisted that it was a problem with the phone. He sent one out and now MY REPLACEMENT is showing the same thing... To be honest it happened when my power went out temporarily and came back on, the the notification popped up and I can only snooze it for 2 hours (they should have a snooze option for "forever") unless I reboot the phone. This is extremely frustrating. Somehow help us solve this issue...

BrendaWie

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
Have ran into this also. Most recently when I tried to use a old turbo charger with an aftermarket cord at our cabin. Repeated notifications that it was slow charging! Had to finally turn off to charge it. Have also had it this happen occasionally on original charger. Help.

rdbuchmann

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
I solved this problem by disabling System UI notification in Settings. To do this, go to System Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> Notifications. Tap the triple-dot in the upper right and select Show System, then scroll down the list of apps to System UI and select it. Tap on Alerts, then tap on Importance. Select Low, then exit out and you should be good.

DebiRice

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I solved this problem by disabling System UI notification in Settings. To do this, go to System Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> Notifications. Tap the triple-dot in the upper right and select Show System, then scroll down the list of apps to System UI and select it. Tap on Alerts, then tap on Importance. Select Low, then exit out and you should be good.

With all the money we spend on these phones, you would think that they would deliver a product that's ready to go.
I'm going to try your fix right now, thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

RJswanee

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Above instructions hopefully worked.

It seems to be a bug with the update. Husband and I have Moto Z Forces. His updated; mine has not. His phone now continuously chimes in the middle of the night if it's plugged in. We don't have OEM chargers, and you can bet I wouldn't buy one now.

tswelsh

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue with the save phone and after the update. I can snooze the message, but it comes back.
Another annoying issue with this, about 1 or 2am, I'm a awakened by short vibration alerts from this system ui slow charging. For some reason, this error decides to start alerting me even though the phone has been on a slow charger for over 4 hours already. I have to unplug and replug to get it to stop alerting me.
This didn't start happening until the 8.0 update.

So glad I found I'm not the only one one with this issue. I have an Incipio battery pack and have not had this happen until I went on a business trip with the wrong charger. I plugged into a USB port in the hotel and it kept chiming every few seconds. That was due, I think, to the power fluctuation. It stopped when I unplugged but this message would not go away. Thanks for the tips to deactivate the message.

meatballkopiii

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I have a Kyocera DuraForce, E6910, operating on Android 9, version 4.801VZ. I have the same problem, however, when I follow those instructions to clear the notification, I do not have the same choices. I don't have the option to select "low importance". Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks for you help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Kyocera DuraForce, E6910, operating on Android 9, version 4.801VZ. I have the same problem, however, when I follow those instructions to clear the notification, I do not have the same choices. I don't have the option to select "low importance". Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks for you help.

This thread is specific to a Motorola phone and a battery pack mod for it. That isn't applicable to your situation. The usual culprit would be a faulty USB cable, but could be the phone itself. I.e. The USB port being dirty/defective, the battery going bad, or anything literally in between the two. If you are getting a slow charge notification, I would try a new cable and possibly cleaning be port (careful not to short out or damage the contacts in it. If that doesn't work, I suggest you make a new thread and give as much detail as you can regarding the assumption, and we can go from there to help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton