Samsung s3 mini GT-I8190N, Android version 4.1.2 with no updates available. How do i use the SD card as the internal storage, how do I use the SD card instead of internal storage without having to move the files.
    12-25-2017 12:32 PM
    So far as I know, you can’t. Adoptable Storage, if you’re thinking of that, is a feature of Android 6.0 and later, and even then, only on some phones.
    12-25-2017 01:52 PM
    Not only is it difficult (if not impossible) to do, you really wouldn't want to. While there are some fast cards out there, there is no speed comparison to the internal storage, even that on an older phone like the one you have.
    12-25-2017 01:57 PM
    As mentioned above, Adoptable Storage isn't worth the tradeoffs even if it were available to you. Space isn't the only consideration, either.

If all you were truly worried about was total storage, then using a larger SD card for your media and other stand alone files would be fine. That you asked to use it instead of internal storage tells me you want to use it for apps. Now you not only have space considerations, but resources all around. For modem day apps, your processor and RAM are unlikely to handle the demands of current apps, leading to lag and other problems even if you had all the storage in the world to use.

So if you are looking to be able to install more apps, about your only realistic solution is going to be to upgrade your phone to one with better specs all around.
    12-26-2017 12:14 AM