My lenovo tab never came with built in dialer'. Any app that i can downloaded perhaps?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How can I download a built in dialer for lenovo tablet please

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Tablets usually don't have dialer apps, even if they have a SIM card. Tablets with mobile data capability have only that - mobile DATA. On some carriers, the voice and text services use different cellular capabilities. The closest you can get is to install Hangouts Dialer but you may need a Google Voice number to use that.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even with a SIM card, a tablet won't have telephony (except for a few rare exceptions from several years ago, typically intended for use outside the US). The SiM is intended for mobile data, not phone calls or SMS. I think I know what you're talking about -- my daughter's Lenovo Tab 4 8 has a lot of system apps relating to Phone, SMS, and MMS. But I don't think the tablet was ever intended to use them. I suspect Lenovo just used some standard firmware package for their phones and patched it up to work on a tablet, but didn't bother to remove the telephony-related system apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante