No Contacts From Outlook App?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

Got a Pixel 2 L for work. My old phone was a Droid Turbo. On that old phone, I had the built-in "Mail" app connected to Exchange. Had a zillion contacts in there, and they all were synced (I guess) with the phone. For example, if I had a "corporate" contact on the old phone that contained a cell number, I could text that person from the SMS app. Basically, all contacts, no matter where they came from, were all available in any app on the old phone.

On XL 2, not so much...

I got all my contacts that were from the attached Google account, as well as the ones that were on the old phone itself, but do NOT have the contacts from the old mail/corporate app. Now on the XL2, since there is no more "mail" app, I am using the Outlook app. Works great. AND the old contacts from the old phone ARE in there, but ONLY in the Outlook app's contact list.

So what I mean is that, for example, there is a contact in the Outlook app with a cell number, and I can see it there, but I can't text it because that very contact is not in the SMS app as well. HUH?

Basically, I guess, the Outlook mail app contacts aren't synced with the rest of the device. I really need it to all be there. Help?! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy