My Galaxy S7 has to be sent in for replacement due to the dreaded battery bulge disease. I am required to send in my old phone BEFORE they will send me a replacement.

How can I save all my files and apps prior to shipping my phone? Then how do I transfer these saved files to the replacement phone when it arrives?

I have a 32GB SD card installed in my old S7 which has some of my data. I also have the "Android File Transfer" app installed on my Mac that I use to download photos. Will these help? Thanks.
    12-28-2017 10:05 PM
    I use Smart switch app to transfer between phones. It's fast, easy, simple.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    12-28-2017 11:19 PM
    Yup! Smart stwitch is the bees knees for that!
    12-28-2017 11:55 PM
    I installed Smart Switch on my Mac. After launching Smart Switch, I connected my Galaxy S7 to my Mac via USB, but got an error message from the Smart Switch app on my Mac, "Unsupported Device."

I checked and both my Mac OS version and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Android version (w. MTP on) are supposed to be supported. Tried installing on two different Mac computers; using a good Samsung USB cable; and reinstalled drivers via Smart Switch menu, turning phone off then back on -- same result.

Found out that a Smart Switch app is already installed on my S7. But when I launch it, I only get instructions on how to connect a new phone and transfer data from my old phone. I need to back up to my Mac, so I can later update a new phone to be received after old phone is shipped back.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    12-29-2017 04:53 PM
    Smart Switch just isn't working w. my Mac and S7.
    However, the Android File Transfer app that I have installed on my Mac works fine for getting photos off my S7 and into Photoshop on my Mac. So, it's not a cable/data setting/bad USB issue.
    FYI: Android File Transfer is disabled by Smart Switch when installed, as the app warned. To get it to work again, I had to uninstall Smart Switch, as they recommended.
    12-29-2017 04:57 PM