Texts not showing in Android Messenger, but showing in Contacts history

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my 2 week old Moto G5 Plus phone, running Android 7.0, I have noticed that I have not been getting some text messages in the Messenger app (version 2.7.030). However if I go to the Contact app, and look at the recent history for the person that sent the text, the texts do appear. As of right now, this only seems to be happening with some texts sent from iPhones, but not all texts from iPhones.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and is there a way to correct this issue?
Thanks,
Joe

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Tell all your iPhone friends (you can text them) to please send you one text with the SMS box checked. It sounds as if you're getting iMessages, which an Android phone can't handle (thanks to Apple not allowing anyone else to use their iMessage protocol).

Evillegolfer

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Rukbat, thanks for your reply. I also thought iMessages might be the issue, however I had the contact I was not receiving the texts for, turn on the SMS on her I iPhone, and still didn't receive the text properly. Another contact sent me a text, with SMS turned off, and I received the text without any issues. Still can't figure out why this is happening.

Evillegolfer

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Looks like the problem probably relates to the Android Messages app. Downloaded Textra and everything appears to be working properly. Uninstalled Android Messages app version 2.7.0.30 to 2.1.163 and it seems the problem is also gone (I think).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney