Since August, my LG Spirit 4G (6.0, Kernel 3.10.49) has decided that it wants to save any pictures or videos I make on the device itself, not the SD card. I didn't realize this till today, when an app wanted to update but it didn't have room to do so.

So I plugged by phone in via USB and found the images in the DCIM/Camera folder using Windows file explorer. Stupidly, I decided to select the images and hit cut, instead of copy, so they were now transparent in Windows File Explorer (that means they will be moved, not just copied).

I start the transfer. Windows states "copying 20171225-1.jpg" when suddenly, I get a error message. Which is useless because the message is blank, but I check the phone and the photos have gone - I check where the photos are being transferred to - Not there. I check Windows recycle bin - Not there and I even google the problem and find this site which tells me to find "LOST.DIR". Nothing there either.

I now fear that the images might be lost forever - There was enough room for the app update to occur (because it automatically happened).

But could the images be elsewhere in the OS?
    12-31-2017 06:19 AM
    Chances are that they were overwritten by the app when it updated. This is why I always recommend copy/paste/delete, rather than cut/paste. If a copy goes wrong, you still have the original.
    stanan likes this.
    12-31-2017 12:35 PM