Questions relating to viruses.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone,
I'm new towards android. Recently when I browse into a website (decent one) . There is this pop up message stating I've been infected with 4 viruses and 28.1% risk of damage . There's basically two pages one which is '' your system is heavily damaged by four viruses . ' which leads has the ''ok'' button there . As for the second page ,it's a Google sign giving me the steps to tap the button and install app for free as step 1 and open the app to fix the browser as step 2. I've pressed the ''ok'' button for the first page which leads me to the second page but I did not download the app at the second page . I'm just pretty worried if I'm infected by any malware or viruses .

Would love to have some advice or feedbacks on this . Thank you !

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't touch any part of the popup. You don't know what is embedded in that ok or exit button!
Back out of the screen using home button, shut the browser via recents and reopen.
It's just scareware but agreeing to download anything could see you infected with malware....
I use Adguard in all my phones, it has a brilliant firewall and most of my apps are blocked from going online...

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1, Androids do have viruses.

2. To get out of something like that, use the Back button. Using the Home button, then removing the app from recents, still leaves the app running. Back turns the app off, even if you have to back through a few screens to get out of it.

3. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and a good anti-virus app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz