Hi,
    I want my Delivery report be active, but receiving sound for every message I sent is annoying. Is it possible to just disable notification sound for send messages delivery report in my galaxy note 8?
    thanks
    01-01-2018 12:40 AM
    How can the notification for delivery be active and silent at the same time? It's one or the other.

At any rate, look in the texting app's settings for notifications and select None for the notification sound.
    01-01-2018 01:04 PM
    I can't believe a moderator for a group dismisses your question without understanding it. I've been looking for this all over the Internet as well and finally figured it out. I have the Note 9 but I bet it's the same for all Samsung phones with latest software. Note 8, S9, S9+. Etc

The issue is that when you go to messages /settings /more settings/text messages and toggle to get delivery report, the messages app not only gives you visual "delivered " message but also an annoying pop up and SOUND. I only want the "delivered " visual cue and can live with the pop-up but the sound was terrible.

To disable the delivery reports sound for Note 9 and Note 8, in the Samsung messages app

Go to Settings /Notification /

Under categories go to general notifications (not new messages)

It should be toggled on, not touch it to see the options and from there under notification style pick SILENT. Now you will get the "delivered" word by the message without annoying sound and pop-up every time you send a text.

I wrote this with as many keywords so others can find it since I've been looking for a few days and found no help Googling it. Hope it helps others.

Ridiculous that something simple as this is so hidden. South Korean companies don't know what user interface means. Just copy copy copy....
    07-25-2019 09:48 PM
    I was using the describe procedure on my S10e and was happy with that. Incoming sms made a sound and outgoing sms got a deliver report without sound.

But after a recent android update this no more works since appreximately one month ago

Currently, it does not matter how the "general notifications" are set, I always get the annoying sound when I get a delivery report. The sound is the same as for an incoming sms. Is it a software defect which came with the sw update? Or is there some new way how to disable sound for delivery reports? But I could not find anything and google haven't given me any clue either.

I will really appreciate any help on this.
    11-05-2019 06:30 AM
    You can also try different message app like Google messages or textra see if has better options.
    11-05-2019 07:58 AM
    This post was very helpful. Receiving sound with every confirmation is very annoying. Not anymore now that I saw this. The old version of text message used to just show an "R" or "D" when a message was read or delivered. Not sure why they had to change that. That method was much better than current version.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2019 12:18 PM
    This post was very helpful. Receiving sound with every confirmation is very annoying. Not anymore now that I saw this. The old version of text message used to just show an "R" or "D" when a message was read or delivered. Not sure why they had to change that. That method was much better than current version.
    Hi, welcome!
    Glad you found it useful
    Martyn Britton likes this.
    12-06-2019 12:20 PM
    I can't believe a moderator for a group dismisses your question without understanding it. ........
    Thank you for this. Was looking for this solution for weeks. I was looking for a setting for delivery report. I never relized it was under general notification. I just wonder tho what other notification is under this. What other notification have I turned of sound for.??

Thanks once again. 👍
    02-21-2021 01:10 PM