I "upgraded" my old Note 3 for a Note 8.

I used to have warnings for low battery starting at 20%.

For my Note 8 I have no warning sounds or anything. Went to Setting, and even set extra notification for when battery level reaches <30%. However I still have no warning and often find myself with the phone dying on me without any notification (I don't always check battery level).

I have no problem so far recharging it...
    01-01-2018 12:10 PM
    Install GSam Battery Monitor and set the low battery warning to 40% (you should never allow a lithium battery to drop below that).

If the battery dies often enough you will have problems recharging it. (You can kill a lithium battery in a month if you let it discharge to 0 every day.)
    01-01-2018 05:49 PM
    Install GSam Battery Monitor and set the low battery warning to 40% (you should never allow a lithium battery to drop below that).

If the battery dies often enough you will have problems recharging it. (You can kill a lithium battery in a month if you let it discharge to 0 every day.)
    A third-party app runs on top of the firmware, causing it to be less efficient (and often wasteful because of the network requirements to display ads). It would be best to hold onto this as a last resort, not a first choice. It is also best not to ignore irregular functionality, as there may be more serious underlying issues.

Samsung recommends you set the low power warning at 15 - 20% and begin charging immediately when it is displayed (or before the device reaches 10%). While it is widely believed that the optimal operating range for a lithium battery is 40 - 80%, maintaining a strict adherence is unrealistic for most.

This issue is most common in Android 10, so here is how to verify the notification in Android 10:

Open Settings and select the Notifications option
    Click See All under the Recently Sent list
    Select All from the dropdown in the top left
    Click the 3 dots in the top right and click Show system apps
    Select System UI
    Click the Low battery item
    Verify the options
    03-06-2020 11:02 AM