I restarted my Nexus 6P yesterday and most of my app icons disappeared. All the items that came with the app when I downloaded them from Google Play are the ones that are gone. Any apps that I used a different app than the stock one are still there. I wiped the cache and there was no change. I also deleted one of the apps with the stock icon and re downloaded it from Google Play and the icon is still missing.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this?

Happy New Year...
    01-02-2018 07:56 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried restarting the phone one more time? Are those apps completely uninstalled or only missing from your home screen? Can you find them in your app drawer?
    01-02-2018 09:20 AM
    Hi Javier,

I restarting the phone several times but nothing has changed. I should clarify that it is only the icon that is missing. The app name under the icon is there but the graphic icon is not. This is the case for my home screen and the app drawer. I use Apex as my launcher.
    01-02-2018 09:51 AM
    Another thing I noticed is the last full charge info says it has been 88 days since the last full charge, which is not correct. I'm guessing I'll have to backup, do a hard reset and load the backup?
    01-02-2018 09:55 AM
    Hi Javier,

I restarting the phone several times but nothing has changed. I should clarify that it is only the icon that is missing. The app name under the icon is there but the graphic icon is not. This is the case for my home screen and the app drawer. I use Apex as my launcher.
    Ah! That sounds like a launcher problem, maybe some conflict with the icon pack. You could try a couple of things.

Switch to the stock launcher and see if the problem persists.

Change the icon pack from Apex or edit individually any of the missing icons.
    01-02-2018 09:58 AM
    Hmmmm. Checked Apex in the Play Store and latest update was on July. I wonder if there are some compatibility issues with Oreo.
    01-02-2018 10:01 AM
    Yup. It's a launcher issue. I'm not a fan of the stock one so I'm going to Nova as I can see all the app icons. Thank you for your useful and speedy help!
    Javier P likes this.
    01-02-2018 10:06 AM
    Yup. It's a launcher issue. I'm not a fan of the stock one so I'm going to Nova as I can see all the app icons. Thank you for your useful and speedy help!
    Glad it helped! Yeah, try Nova and restore your old setup when setting it up. Tell us how it goes.
    01-02-2018 10:09 AM
    Nova worked perfect!
    Javier P likes this.
    01-02-2018 12:49 PM
    Nova worked perfect!
    Excellent! I guess Apex needs an update to keep things running smooth on Oreo. Thanks for the follow up!
    01-02-2018 01:23 PM