I want to use my HTC Eris as a personal security camera using Alfred security camera app but my HTC Eris market app is still the old system
    Searching online doesnt allow me much since the browser is also outdated
    I believe my HTC Eris is still running Android 2.0
    01-02-2018 10:53 AM
    Buy a new phone. No, seriously, you need a newer phone for anything remotely modern compared to what you have now.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-02-2018 11:00 AM
    Really Hallux?!? This is the best advice that you can give, seriously.
    Not even an attempt to answer if what i asked for is even remotely feasable, like a try this or try that.
    Assuming that you’re aware the type of app Alfred is you would understand why i posed the question in the first place
    01-03-2018 07:10 AM
    Really Hallux?!? This is the best advice that you can give, seriously.
    Not even an attempt to answer if what i asked for is even remotely feasable, like a try this or try that.
    Assuming that you’re aware the type of app Alfred is you would understand why i posed the question in the first place
    What he gave was sound advice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't actual advice. He is correct that your phone wouldn't be able to run the latest OS and other things. The hardware just simply can't take it.
    01-03-2018 07:59 AM
    Well for one thing, even if the you manage to update the Eris PlayStore, Alfred still won't work. It requires at least Android 2.3. Then when you consider the hardware, the phone may not be able to run both a custom ROM Android 2.3 and Alfred at the same time.
    Buying a newer used phone is actually the best advice in this case.
    01-03-2018 08:06 AM
    See, these are the type of responses that should have been made rather than the prior
    Give a reason why rather than just saying get a new phone, the premise behind the Alfred app is using old smartphones as a economical approach to home security and I wanted to see if there was a way to update in order to perform what i was looking to accomplish
    01-03-2018 08:18 AM
    What he gave was sound advice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't actual advice. He is correct that your phone wouldn't be able to run the latest OS and other things. The hardware just simply can't take it.
    I’m not denying the “sound” advice, its lack in details as to why it would not work
    I’m sure many issues can easily be resolved by just buying a newer phone if the financial means is available but i was looking for a clearer explanation rather than a broad answer
    01-03-2018 08:25 AM
    I’m not denying the “sound” advice, its lack in details as to why it would not work
    I’m sure many issues can easily be resolved by just buying a newer phone if the financial means is available but i was looking for a clearer explanation rather than a broad answer
    Well we try and be helpful but not everyone is going to fully explain every thought / detail out. That is just how a forum works. You post and read the various answers to come to a conclusion. .
    01-03-2018 08:49 AM
    I apologize for the brief answer. As others have assisted with clearing things up, it should also be noted that in the 2.x days, the move to 2.3 from 2.0 was really 2 or 3 full platform updates. That phone just won't handle it. I had a Motorola Droid that could hardly handle the last OS that was released for it (2.3 I believe), and it was a better device than the Eris.

To humor you, I did a quick search and came up with the XDA dev forum for that device that seems to show a 4.1.1 ROM was available for that device (if the mirror is still hosting the download, and some devices had a touchscreen that did not work on that ROM) https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...is/development The Play Store page for Alfred does not list an actual minimum Android version, it just says "varies by device".
    01-03-2018 10:04 AM
    Thanks for looking more into it and it is just as i feared it would be. You’re right about the Moto Droid.... i had issues after updating it
    01-04-2018 10:35 AM
    The Play Store page for Alfred does not list an actual minimum Android version, it just says "varies by device".
    I got the minimum version from their website.
    01-04-2018 07:34 PM