I accidentally swiped up on an ad while using SnapChat. The ad installed a new lock screen for me, which displays multiple ads. I have tried to uninstall Snapchat to see if this goes away, however, that did not work. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance
    01-03-2018 11:46 AM
    Which phone are you using?

Take a look at your phone's app list (Settings -> Apps) and scroll through the list until you see something that looks like it might be the offending lockscreen replacement app. I can't say for sure what the name of the file might be, and it might not even be obvious that it's a lockscreen replacement from the name alone, but it should stand out from the rest of the list as having a name that you don't recognize from previous app installations. When you find what you believe to be the offending app, uninstall it (tap on the name of the app, then the Uninstall button).

You could also take a look at which apps have used data (on my wife's LG V20, that's in Settings -> Mobile data). That might give you a clue.

Also, make sure that you've disabled app installations from unknown sources (again, on the LG V20, that's in Settings -> Fingerprints & security -> Unknown sources, toggle it off).

If you need more help with this issue, please register for the forums and reply in this thread with additional questions.
    01-03-2018 12:03 PM