To be clear, this isn't about how the Android OS takes up several GBs for system files. I understand how and why that happens. That's not what this is. I'm on 5.1 Lollipop and my 32GB card registers as having 16MB. That's not a typo. Megabytes. No matter where I format it. I format on my PC, full format, and then the phone says it needs to prepare it properly for use on the phone, so it erases and after it's done: 16MB.

Any ideas?
    01-03-2018 12:38 PM
    Sounds like your card is either corrupt or fake. How old is it? Where did you get it? Download the app "SD Insight" - it will tell you if you have a bad/fake card.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi
    djrakowski likes this.
    01-03-2018 12:44 PM
    Sounds like your card is either corrupt or fake. How old is it? Where did you get it? Download the app "SD Insight" - it will tell you if you have a bad/fake card.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi
    Definitely not fake, I know where to source my digital stuff, but could be corrupt very quickly? Got it a little over a year ago. But I suppose photos, apps installing and uninstalling could wreak havoc on a card sooner than just saving music on it and reading from it.
    This happened after I was rooting the phone. Actually, I was just flashing back the factory stock ROM and noticed this had happened. I wonder if it has anything to do with coming from Marshmallow where the SD card is an extension of the onboard memory?
    01-03-2018 01:35 PM
    Just ran the app. Nothing looks wrong there. Definitely SanDisk, and I saw nothing that said there was anything corrupt. Any other thoughts?
    01-03-2018 01:43 PM