I have a Samsung On5 SM-G550T2 6.0.1 and tried (over and over and...) to root using Kingo root. The version downloaded to the phone failed MANY times and the app referred me to using it on Windows. I followed the steps (over and, u know the rest), and when the app should have moved to the next, maybe final(?) step, I was always hit with an ad telling me what else I needed to buy, download, etc. It changed ads every time I tried. I did load Odin, but have uninstalled it since.
    I'm a Disabled Veteran, but also a retired Process Engineer. I've worked in advanced automation and robotic design and programming. But when it comes to the Android devices, which I am partial to, the advanced things like rooting baffle me.
    Can anyone suggest an easy to understand process or app to help me root this thing?!? As an ex-engineer, I know; "You don't have to know everything, but you MUST surround yourself with people that know things that you don't". So, I am asking the minds that know.....Thanks
    01-03-2018 02:41 PM