How to add a folder on my home screen

bboozer

May 7, 2012
Visit site
How do I add a folder on my home screen? I seem to remember that I could long press and it would give me the option. But now I can't figure out how to.... I have a Galaxy S7 on android 7.0

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If I remember correctly -- not a safe bet -- folders on the home screen(s) are an enhanced feature of the launcher, the default launcher usually not supporting it.

Folders in the app drawer are universally supported.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly -- not a safe bet -- folders on the home screen(s) are an enhanced feature of the launcher, the default launcher usually not supporting it.

Folders in the app drawer are universally supported.

Other way around... Folders in the app drawer are only supported by some launchers (Samsung's being one) but Google's launchers have supported folders on the home screen for a while now. How you create a new one depends on the launcher, some Samsung devices need you to long-press on a blank area of the home screen and select to create a new folder. Sometimes, just hovering one icon over another will create a folder and put those 2 apps in the folder.

dDule

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Since it's a Galaxy phone, many Galaxy phones work the same since they work on the default TouchWiz. If you have no custom launcher installed, just hold an app on the home screen for 2 seconds and the 'create folder' option will appear on top!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC