I'm wanting to retrieve all my photos & videos from my old phone. Only thing/problem is that the old phone they are on is no longer working. The phone will power on & stay on, but the screen is completely pitch black & you can't see anything on it in order to do anything on it !! Is there anyway for me to be able to get them off my old phone with the screen being messed up like this, if there is then please tell me how ???
    01-03-2018 09:22 PM
    I'm wanting to retrieve all my photos & videos from my old phone. Only thing/problem is that the old phone they are on is no longer working. The phone will power on & stay on, but the screen is completely pitch black & you can't see anything on it in order to do anything on it !! Is there anyway for me to be able to get them off my old phone with the screen being messed up like this, if there is then please tell me how ???
    Hello!

Its a long shot, but depending on the model and if you have a windows computer, you can connect the phone (while its on) to the computer. (Keep the screen on, on the phone) Next on the computer, Open "My computer" then if your lucky you should see an external device that is named something like your phone. if you can open it and see a folder named "DCIM" then within there will be your videos and photos. Also check any other folders for content. Select the files you want and move them to your desktop.

To put them on your new phone do the same steps as above but instead of taking the files off, you would put the files in your new phones DCIM folder.

Hope this helps!
    01-04-2018 04:20 PM