I've had a Nokia 808 for the past 6 or 7 years and was reluctant to move to either Android or Apple because of the fantastic 42MP camera in the Nokia. The reviews of the (video) camera in the new LG V30 made me finally take the plunge to Android. I'm still getting used to it but my question relates to a fantastic piece of software that Nokia provided for free - Nokia Suite. You'd connect your phone by either bluetooth or USB to your PC and the PC would back up your contacts, music, gallery and text messages flawlessly according to choice. The text messages would appear in conversational view on your PC from which you could also send text messages. Pictures and video would automatically be saved into the correct (monthly) dated Pictures / Video folders on your PC. My question is: does such a piece of back up software exists for Android or LG? I don't mind paying but it has to (at least) have the functionality of Nokia Suite.

Many thanks in anticipation.

By the way, my initial and admittedly limited, subjective assessment of the LG V30 camera is that the Nokia 808 is superior. Bearing in mind that the camera sensor / tech in the Nokia is about a decade old is saying something about the camera tech Nokia had developed.
    01-04-2018 11:52 AM
    does such a piece of back up software exists for Android or LG?
    Close, but no. LG's backup program won't back up everything.

If you want to back up everything, see Backing up an Android Device. Texts won't appear on the PC as texts, they back up as xml files. To see them as texts, use SMS to Text.

By the way, my initial and admittedly limited, subjective assessment of the LG V30 camera is that the Nokia 808 is superior. Bearing in mind that the camera sensor / tech in the Nokia is about a decade old is saying something about the camera tech Nokia had developed.
    But the storage space (even without an external SD card) and the CPU/GPU power couldn't compare, and that's what people are going for these days. Camera, yes (although it couldn't do HDR, user-variable depth of field post shot and a few other things), but the rest of the phone can't compare even to the V20.
    01-04-2018 04:36 PM