I imagine this is a safety feature and seems like a minor bump in the road but it's very frustrating.
    One of the main reasons I upgraded from my Droid Turbo 2 to the S8 was because it was one of the few new phones that still had a 3.5mm headphone jack. This is the only way I can listen to music in my car.

With my Droid Turbo 2, when I would be outside of my car watching videos or playing music (whatever media it may have been) with the volume say...50%, when I got in my car and plugged in the Aux cord it remembered what my volume was from the last time an Aux cord was plugged in (which was always 100%) so it immediately would adjust without having to adjust the volume on my phone myself. This is important for sound quality in my car for the phone volume to be all the way up then adjust the car stereo volume how I please.

When I plug in my S8, the "Media Volume" always defaults to 75% which is very annoying! Why is this? Why no matter what volume I had it at before plugging it in does it always default to this making me - increase the volume myself every time!?!?!?

Is there a way to fix this?

Already tried going into the volume settings, setting the max volume limiter doesn't change anything. If I set the max volume to 75% ( the blue zone) then the sound quality suffers.
    01-06-2018 10:41 AM
    It is normal. I don't know a way around it except to root the phone,which makes no sense for this issue.
    01-06-2018 11:23 AM
    Samsung has been doing that for years, because just one short blast of loud music in an earphone can reduce your hearing by 99% - permanently.

And the phone has no way of knowing that it's a car stereo, not an earphone, that you're plugging into the jack.
    01-06-2018 03:34 PM