How do I delete word from google predictive text that is standard, not my personal dictionary?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I use voice typing on my Moto Z2 Force, it fills in my daughter's name but uses the wrong spelling. I would like to make it use the correct spelling. Is there a way to do this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you spell your daughter's name and you see the wrong spelling in the suggestion field, what happens if you long-press that wrong spelling? Do you get a Remove or Delete option?

BrokkJ

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. Google Voice to text will spell my son's name with a lower case first letter. If I long press the spelling in the Samsung keyboard, it offers me the option to delete it. After I do that, it acts *exactly* the same way, but if I long press it again then there is no option to delete it.

I tried to create a shortcut to change the lower case spelling to the proper capitalization, but the shortcut logic doesn't accept that as the both of them are spelled the same. Occasionally Google Voice will spell his name completely differently, but even a shortcut for that does not fix it.

I'm guessing that the way text is processed coming from google voice does not trigger the shortcuts the same way that typing would. It's rather frustrating. There does not seem to be a way to update the Google Voice dictionary or personalize it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77