I'm wanting to get the Pixel XL 2 and sign up for Project Fi. I know Project Fi requires a Google account (I'm not sure if owning an Android device regardless of carrier may require a Google account)... my question is:

What difference would it make if I just my normal Gmail account that I already have vs creating a new account just for Pixel XL 2/Project Fi? How would using the new account differ in terms of me using email, Google Maps, and other apps on my new Pixel XL 2? Could I add another account to my Pixel XL 2/Project Fi, and if so are there any benefits to doing this?

Thank you.
    01-06-2018 07:49 PM
    I'm on Project Fi and used an existing Gmail account to register for the service. If you wanted to keep them separate you could certainly create a new account for use with Fi and then add your existing account after registering the phone with the service. However, in the interest of simplicity, why not just use your existing account?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-07-2018 01:24 PM