whereas I get sound and notification for text even on lockscreen. I checked all types of notifications, and allowed them to come through, even with high priority...
    I am getting desperate...

Is there anybody who can help me?

(Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 7.0)
    01-07-2018 03:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only when the phone is asleep, or is it also when the phone is awake and you're actively using it? In other words, if you're using an app, then switch to your email app, do you see new emails there, without any notification appearing in the status bar?
    01-07-2018 10:46 PM
    Another question: Is it just the sound that is messing, or is it the whole notification that is missing?
    01-08-2018 03:50 AM
    Go to Settings, Notifications. Do you have them all allowed?
    01-08-2018 10:14 AM
    I'm having this same problem. I noticed 2 days ago and there are other similar threads as this one in this forum. It is basically any app with a notification. Yes, I've "checked my notification volume" to all the smart asses, and I'm not in "do not disturb" mode for that matter.
    01-08-2018 08:48 PM
    I'm having this same problem. I noticed 2 days ago and there are other similar threads as this one in this forum. It is basically any app with a notification. Yes, I've "checked my notification volume" to all the smart asses, and I'm not in "do not disturb" mode for that matter.
    Not being a smart *** , did you go into notifications and turn on each toggle for the apps you say are not giving notifications? Don't be defensive, your muted notification can be solved, but basics have to be checked off first. That includes clearing the cache and reboot.
    01-08-2018 08:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I think it's completely reasonable to ask about checking the Ringtone/Notification volume, because there are still many people who don't realize that there are 3 separate volume sliders in Android.

What about the questions I asked above, as well as @ManiacJoe's question?
    01-09-2018 10:12 AM
    I was getting the notification pop ups. They were vibrating, just no sound.

Oddly enough, I updated all my apps and then reset my phone. (My Android version was already up to date, but some apps were not). My sound notifications came back. I don't know if it's the hard reset or the apps update that solved the problem, but everything seems back to normal in my case.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2018 12:20 PM
    Ok, glad it's working now. Chances are that it was the factory reset that fixed the problem, although it's hard to know exactly what the issue was.

Were you using a custom tone, or one of the preinstalled tones? If it's a custom tone, you might have problems if the sound file isn't saved to the /Notifications directory on Internal Storage (i.e., if it's kept on an SD card instead).
    01-09-2018 01:17 PM