I have an Android, Samsung Galaxly Amp 2 phone and it won't connect to the Wifi. Need help please.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have already reset the Wi-Fi to forget the password and reconnect with it didn't work. I have reset my phone and turned it off and on but that hasn't worked either. The Wi-Fi keeps going in and out. It hasn't had this problem before quite like this. We recently got a new router and it connected to that just fine. Then we installed the Ooma Telo and the phone connected to the Wi-Fi but then began to go in and out. Should I try factory resetting the phone? Everything that would need to be backed up in done on a usb drive that's important. Everything thing else I can always download again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And, as a last resort, call Ooma tech support (use your cellphone, because the Telo may have to get cut off for a while) and see if they can help you. Sometimes the Telo takes over all router packets and nothing else can connect to the internet through the router. (I find it's better to connect the router normally, plug the Telo in as just another Ethernet device, change the settings in the Telo and change the DMZ setting in the router. You'll probably need their help for all that.)

And you should have the Ooma app running in your phone during all this, so if a call comes in on that number, you can answer it on your cellphone (or someone else's if there's someone else in the household).