can't save anything to sd card? lg g vista 2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

alright so I've had a working sd card for 5-6 months, but just the other week i got an error when trying to take a photo from my camera, which is set to save to the sd card. whenever i take a photo I'll get a message on screen saying "cannot save"... i also can't copy any photos onto the sd card in any of the folders i have on there, and it won't allow me to rename any of the folders on it.. i can copy photos from the sd card to my internal storage though still, and access everything saved on it.
i know it isn't a space issue, i still have around 3gbs on the sd card, and i even deleted several videos from it..
i don't know why it just suddenly stopped working when it was perfectly functional for months?
i can provide any other info on the phone, like current software update or anything else that might be needed?
i know i have a weird phone that probably no one has barely heard of, but it works just like any other android phone I've had.
so yeah i don't know how to fix this, I've ejected the sd card from the settings then put it back in, and while the phone was off i took it out then put it back in.. any help would be appreciated,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
KitKat changed the SD card so that only the app that created the folder (and root) can do any writing to or in that folder. That may be the problem you're seeing. To change that, the phone has to be rooted and you have to run an app like NextApp SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD to be able to write anywhere on the card (it makes a few changes to a system file).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs