samsung galaxy 4 tablet - cleanup and redo

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to redo my samsung galaxy tablet 4 from verizon and also put admin access on or root it. i tried rooting it before didnt work is there an easy way to do this? also when i tried the root it for it the begining screen says custom android in any case i do not think the root app worked correctly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Each device, running each version of Android, has to be rooted in a different way. Check https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-4 to see if there's a rooting method for the version of Android you're running. (And you won't be able to update, even if an update is available, until you reflash an unrooted version, so make sure that you keep anything important backed up somewhere, because flashing the firmware wipes everything).

As far as rooting working correctly, just run Root Checker. If it's rooted, you'll see it. (Nothing about the tablet will change once it's rooted, unless you install an app that needs root and you run it. All other apps [the ones already on it] will work the same, since they don't ask for root.)

"Admin access" is root, so if Root Checker says your tablet is rooted, you have admin access.

As for the Custom screen, the boot firmware checks a couple of things, and something's not stock, so you see that lock and the word "Custom" (which probably means that the tablet is rooted).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12