I am using find my device to look for my lost phone. How do I know my google account is connected ?

I wrote find my device on google. I clinked on the link which took me to a sign in page I signed into my google account and then i took me o a page that had a map on the right and on the left had three options. It had the name of my device which is Samsung Galaxy S6 and under the first option was locate device which I clicked but it said cannot connect to device. Under that it says play sound and then the last is enable lock and erase. I clicked enable lock etc but a black message appeared saying request to lock and wipe sent to admin settings. My phone had low battery before I lost it.

Also I changed my password for my gmail this morning to protect my account, forgetting I was using it to locate my phone. will it still work even though I changed the password after I lost the phone?
    01-09-2018 07:23 AM
    If the battery is dead, or the phone is turned off, Find My Phone cannot locate it. If you remote locked it, when it turns on again you will have to unlock it with your password. If you remote wiped it, it will factory reset the first time it is turned back on.
    01-09-2018 07:43 AM