I have rooted my phone (Zenfone 2 ZE551ML - Z00A) and was trying to install LianeageOS, I don't remember exactly what I did, but my phone is now stuck in the fastboot mode screen, the one I can select between Normal Boot, Power Off, Recovery Mode and Restart Bootloader. No matter with one I choose (besides Power Off), the device restarts and gets back to the same screen. I have also tried using Android Multi Tools v1.02b to wipe data/cache on fastboot mode, it erases the cache and userdata, but doesn't help with my problem.

I have also waited for my battery to run out. I got the question mark in the battery simble until it was charged.

If it is bricked, I couldn't find any tutorial with working links.
    01-09-2018 09:54 AM
    Right now I'm attempting to use the Asus Flash Tool to reset everything.
    01-09-2018 12:27 PM
    Have you tried fastboot reboot? (Or adb reboot, just in case you're wrong about being in the bootloader?)

And did you actually flash Lineage? If you didn't, or you started to but stopped the flash, or the flash failed, you have no |system to boot into, so the next try would be for the phone to reboot to the recovery partition - which is what it seems to be doing. (Plug the charger back in - don't let the battery run down to 0. You might not be able to recharge it if you do. (I don't know if that particular phone does a precharge on a dead battery - if it doesn't the safety protocols in the battery kick in to prevent you from blowing the phone [and maybe yourself] up. Remember the Note 7?)

If you can boot into download mode, then you can reflash the firmware with Flash Tool, so you have no problem (assuming that anything important is backed up to somewhere other than the phone). But, again, don't let the battery run out - having the phone die during a flash can actually damage the internal storage (from which the only "recovery" possible is a new motherboard).
    01-09-2018 03:39 PM