I can manually set it up but it can never find a server
    01-09-2018 10:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you getting a specific error message? Does your school have an IT department who can help?
    01-09-2018 10:18 AM
    Has the school approved and allowed access from mobile devices?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2018 10:20 AM
    Do you mean that you can connect to the network, but can't access anything on the internet? If that's the case, it's probably very simple - the school has blocked internet access in the router (or just doesn't have the router connected to any internet connection). That allows a teacher to access all the computers in a classrooom from their computer (as is done in classrooms in which every student sits in front of a computer), it allows emails between those people whose computers or phones are set up for access to the school's email server, etc., but doesn't allow students (and possibly staff members) to access the internet from their phones. (There's no requirement that the school provide you with internet access. And, if you check with "the powers that be" [an IT department, a teacher who knows, etc.] you may find that accessing the internet with your phone by using mobile data isn't allowed either.)

It's most likely not a problem with your phone or with the school's wifi, it's just school policy (at least that you can't access the internet with their wifi). The solution is to do school work when you're in school and access the internet when you're not at school. (This was a hot topic about a decade ago - it even went as far as a few court cases - and it was never found that schools owed students an internet connection.)
    01-09-2018 03:18 PM
    if you already have a valid email account you're done

people can now contact you by email if they have your email address

if you don't have an email account you can easily get one on internet

using your browser,
    type =>create email account

@SEArch dialog prompt

type =>email account
    01-09-2018 08:32 PM
    you should have an Email App that comes with your phone.

Open the App
    It should have instructions to input Contact info

if you have any problem,
    search for Answer on Internet
    01-09-2018 08:49 PM
    I don't think that's the OP's problem. I believe they're having problems adding the email account to the Email app on the device, which might be due to entering the wrong server settings.

We generally prefer not to tell members to "go search the internet." They came here for help, and so we try to give it!
    01-10-2018 12:31 AM