Right now I'm considering moving back to Android after my first iOS device (iPhone 7) since I'm just annoyed with a lot of Apple products, one thing I was wondering: is it possible to route USB-C audio through the USB port on an in car head unit similar to how iOS devices can with the lightning port to control audio? I've been trying to look up answers to this but never seem to get a straightforward answer. I'm guessing it would work easier with phones that don't have 3.5mm headphone jacks since those phones would have the audio input in the USB-C port itself. But what're your guys' experiences with it?
    01-09-2018 11:07 AM
    I've been trying to look up answers to this but never seem to get a straightforward answer.
    Because, unlike iPhones, each Android phone manufacturer does things differently. With some of them you can, with others you can't.

I'm guessing it would work easier with phones that don't have 3.5mm headphone jacks since those phones would have the audio input in the USB-C port itself.
    Not necessarily. My head unit takes the USB connection as audio, even though I have a 3.5mm headphone jack on the phone. (Although I prefer using Bluetooth, because the USB connector on the head unit doesn't supply enough charging current.)
    01-09-2018 12:04 PM