Hi All. First post here so I hope I'm not off point. I did a cursory search but I'm unable to find the details I need.

I am in the Canadian military and will be stationed in the Middle East for six months later this year. I will be taking my Galaxy S7 but buying a local SIM card for it (with a new phone number). I will be keeping my Canadian cell account and phone number active. Once I return to Canada I will discard the Middle Eastern SIM card and replace the Canadian one.

Is there any way I can have the SMS messages to/from my Canadian SIM account be somehow forwarded either to the new card in the phone, or some third party software like an app or a PC program?

Basically what I want it to be able to access SMS messages sent to my Canadian number, and reply to people who message me.
    01-09-2018 06:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier in Canada do you have? Check with them to see if there's a setting for your texts to also get forwarded to your email. It's not a perfect workaround, but if you can't find a better solution, at least you'd have a way of seeing the texts coming in.
    01-10-2018 01:25 AM