Hi sorry for the lack of professional details. I downloaded a child activity Hoop app last week and since then adverts have started popping up on my screen. There comes a picture of a cute dog same way like you're talking to somebody on facebook and I can't swipe it off. Also, some 'enginee' app tries to obtain my position, which I always deny.
    I have already installed AVG (better late than never) and it seems to help for some time, but all of that comes back. So far it deleted the enginee (dog gone straightaway) and a luncher, so I'll wait and see.
    My question is: what kind of virus that is and do I need to go to fabric settings to actually get rid of that? Thank you
    01-10-2018 08:46 AM
    Did you download the app from the Google Play Store?

If all of this started happening after you downloaded the app, then you should be able to solve it simply by removing the app. It may not be a virus at all - just additional software that came along for the ride when you installed the app.
    01-10-2018 09:25 AM
    Did you download the app from the Google Play Store?

If all of this started happening after you downloaded the app, then you should be able to solve it simply by removing the app. It may not be a virus at all - just additional software that came along for the ride when you installed the app.
    Thank you, but that would be too simple
    Tried that
    01-10-2018 09:29 AM
    Welcome to the forums! That does sound frustrating! Do you have all of your important information backed up? Perhaps you could try a factory reset as a last resort. What kind of phone are you using?
    djrakowski likes this.
    01-10-2018 09:34 AM
    Hehe my phone is Cubot
    Haven't had any issues until now, though, works perfectly
    Of course I'll try factory settings, thank you. I was just wondering if anybody encountered a similar problem
    01-10-2018 11:31 AM
    Hi

Same Problems with a Cubot Max. Cubot have a massive Security Problem Start 04 or 05.01.2018. Apps will install automatical and adds will be Display. Look in the Malwarebytes Support Forum. Two more Cubot User (Cubot Note S) with the same Problem. Look for App infoprovider and enginee. Uninstall it. I disable over debloater too Adups OTA Firmware Update. This have modifcated in december 2017, without any OTA Update.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    01-10-2018 04:42 PM
    I searched for this matter a week or so ago and found nothing....

About a week ago my Cubot Max started flashing messages that "enginee" app was trying to determine my location. All app location is denied on my phone by default,

I continued to deny but it retried every few seconds.

A new app had appeared on my phone it was visible in the apps list as "enginee" and the logo was the "android logo" head.

It had given itself start on reboot permission too. ( look in settings / security / autostart management)

This app is uninstallable so I uninstalled it and phone seems OK

I don't know where it came from or how it got there, I had not recently installed any apps.

We all use Cubots in our family and one other Cubot max and a Cubot Note S do not have this app installed despite my son being somewhat relaxed about what he installs on his Note.

After removal I installed AVG free. No issues were reported.

If anyone knows what this app is for/trying to do, it would be good to know. I think it is relatively new. as of January 2018

Bye Everybody!
    djrakowski likes this.
    01-11-2018 07:04 AM
    We all have the same problem, info provided can be remove but enginee, it keeps coming back
    I already tried factory reset it returned again
    And heres my conclusion
    I believe this app gathers info from our phone and sends it back that is why it wants permission contacts, msgs, and locations. But i dont wanna test my theory instead find a way to remove it permanently
    Like i said i had a factory reset and reinstalled all app via apk backup when i reinstalled all essential apps that i needed the enginee return ed again so i was thinking that maybe the virus attached itself to an app that i backed up
    So i started to isolate app which is the most like to be infected, at first i thought it was my browser, so i uninstalled it and still the problem remained, then i tried removing "clean master" because before i had a factory reset the clean master is reading enginee as a "safe to open" app which is supposedly the opposite and that is the 2nd functionality of this app, to infect other apps reprogram them to think that "enginee" is actually not a virus so that it can work silently in background, but still the clean master was not the carrier of the enginee virus and currently i suspected the app called "grennify" i remember a time when i didnt used it for a few weeks and also enginee never returned during that time so i decided to remove it. Im still testing my theory of correct, while im writing this im actually waiting for enginee to return to test if "greenify" is the carrier of the virus so far the enginee havent returned yet. But if it does i will continue to remove app 1 by 1 until i find this virua carrier.
    So thats it. My advise is if your going to do a factory reset install app through play store to make sure that the carrier wi not be reintalled again, or you can do the same thing, remove suspected apps 1 by 1, test your phone if it returns until you found the carrier in once you do, uninstall it and reinstall through playstore
    04-17-2018 06:13 AM
    Ive been having a similar issue with a Cubot Echo. It has been downloading various apps and showing lots of fullscreen adverts. It appears this was caused by an OTA update a few months ago (the phone was fine before that). There is a new OTA update which says "patch for malware" so I'm hoping this cure it.
    Maybe you should look and see if there is one for your model of Cubot phone.
    04-25-2018 05:04 AM