Data Management

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have made the decision that after years and years with iphones I would give android a shot. I just picked up the pixel 2 yesterday and the one thing that i am finding extremely frustrating right off the bat is androids lack of data management. I commute to work and listen to pod casts for my entire trip. With my iphone I could go into the settings and select which apps I want to allow data to be used for. I would turn off data allowance for my podcast app and then just download any podcasts I want to listen to over wifi. I currently have the [redacted] app on my pixel 2 and I have already turned off the background data usage. I downloaded a couple podcasts at home using wifi and off I went to work this morning. Even with all that done the app still managed to use 33mb of data in 40min. While this isn't a crazy amount I was expecting it to be 0. Is there any way for me to manage data from app to app easier than turning off background data and hoping I'm not in for a surprise at the end of the month? Right now it just seems like my phone can do a lot more than what my iphones could but the simple every day things are executed SO MUCH BETTER on iphones.

A concern I have with this issue is when I want to play some time killer games. A lot of these games are free and are able to be free because they will throw some ads at you during your game play. With my iphone I could just turn data off for that game and then I knew that if there were any ads I wasn't getting dinged for it. With this phone I am hesitant to even try that because I know that every 15-30sec ad that pops up is killing my data.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Go to Settings, Data Usage, and turn it off. There are also apps, such as IFFT, which when configured will turn off the data when you open your audio book app. The phone will do what you want, just spend some time exploring all the settings and their effects. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX