i have android 7.1.2 and 8 in my both mobiles . Youtube app is giving message "an error occured retry " in my both mobiles . This is not an device specific issuee because today only i brought new mobile , after login into youtube i get this message in my both mobiles .
    01-10-2018 10:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your wi-fi network, or also on mobile data?
    01-11-2018 12:18 AM
    This issue is on data as well as wifi network . Just to isolate the issue , i brought new mobile with 7.1.2 , i logged in with my gmail account [email removed by Mod for privacy] . Same issue even with new mobile . Youtube works fine on my Ipad and Android TV with same account . This issue is driving me crazy as i cannot watch my saved videos , custom playlist . moment i login i am getting this message "an error occurred RETRy " . To isolate the issue i took out my old mobile with android 5.1 version . I was able to login and watch my saved videos and playlist , but moment i upgraded youtube version on my old mobile to latest youtube version , my old mobile too got this message "an error occured retry" . Please not when i signout of youtube form my mobile , i can watch videos on youtube app .
    01-11-2018 07:03 AM
    Strange. Which devices are the Nougat and Oreo ones? See if the problem persists in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.
    01-11-2018 02:17 PM
    this is not the case here because i also brought my brand new phone , after logging in with my google account , it is giving the same issue . I also booted my old one plus 3T in safe mode , but same issues persists
    01-25-2018 06:59 AM
    If logged in, you can only have 3 devices at the same time running on your account.
    01-25-2018 07:55 AM