How do I disconnect Android Auto voice control so I can request my native head unit voice control (Subaru StarLink) to play a radio station or play audio stored on a USB drive?
    https://www.androidcentral.com/android-auto-basics states
    "And if you want to listen to the factory radio (terrestrial- or satellite-based), you can do so while still using Android Auto."
    BUT it does NOT tell you how to do this. The Android Auto screen option to "Return to Subaru" does NOT release voice control. I have found NO voice command that releases voice control to my head unit. My only option is to unplug the USB cable connection to my Android phone which kills all the great things in Android Auto (Google Maps, Phone Calling, Text Message receive/response).
    01-10-2018 11:25 AM
    Have you checked in your car's manual? This isn't a function of Android Auto itself but of how the manufacturer has implemented it so every manufacturer will do it in a slightly different way if it's possible.

I'm not familiar with how Starlink is set up, but I imagine it's possible to still tune the radio manually, is it not?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-10-2018 12:02 PM
    You will need to turn off Bluetooth to get the audio back.
    01-10-2018 01:40 PM