"Call contact" stopped working in Buick Enclave after last update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My bluetooth worked perfectly until sometime in December 2017. I could "Call contact name" or "call phone#". Around the time my phone updated, the "call contact" stopped working. It also stopped working for my husband. I have an S7 Edge, he has an older s5 I think. My daughter's iphone is still working in the car.

"Call phone#" still works (who knows phone numbers?). I can select a contact manually and call it (not very hands free). It will pull contact data and put it on the screen when I receive a call or text. But... still won't "call Bob". It just says "Pardon" or it thinks I said numbers.

I deleted and re-paired several times including clearing all the network cache the last time which means I have to redo all my wifi and other bluetooth now.

The dealer says "not my problem, go to Verizon", Verizon says "not my problem, wait for another update and hope it fixes it".

I can't figure out if it is really broken and I have to hope it magically gets fixed or if there is some combination of settings that changed and I can change them back. I've searched for hours, found similar issues but not identical (different cars, different phones, different versions of Android).

I'm open to ideas. It's the one thing I really need in my car.

Karen

targui

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
Same issue with us. And same time frame. Sometime around Christmas "Call contact" stopped working. Identical as described by Karen. Has anybody seen this with other vehicles? Is this something like a protocol change in bluetooth?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1