This is on a Samsung Galaxy GT-P5113 Android 4.2 tablet. When the owner of the tablet "I gave it to her as a Christmas present" She needed some money and put the tablet in pawn. At the time of the tablet been pawned. The tablet worked 100%. She was late on a payment so they did a factory reset before putting the tablet up for sale. I was able to pay the tablet off and get it back. I don't know if they did the factory reset via the Recovery Mode or from the Settings > Factory Reset. The only thing that I know is when I start doing the setup. I get to the wifi password input. The internal keyboard will not pop up. The voice input works. But the voice input hasn't been taught anything yet. The touch screen works fine on everything other then the internal keyboard doesn't work. I have been able to bypass all the input settings that require the keyboard and I can get into the settings menu. I don't know what to do next. I never ran across this problem before.

Steve
    01-11-2018 09:37 AM
    I don't know if they did the factory reset via the Recovery Mode or from the Settings > Factory Reset.
    Just two doors to the same room. Ir doesn't matter which they used, they do the same thing.

I have been able to bypass all the input settings that require the keyboard and I can get into the settings menu. I don't know what to do next. I never ran across this problem before.
    Go to the Play store, using her account (you can use a PC or the tablet - it doesn't matter) and install a keyboard (I prefer SwiftKey Keyboard but let her choose what she thinks she'll like (you can even install the Samsung Keyboard, if you or she prefer(s) that one).
    01-11-2018 04:39 PM
    Rukbat. The keyboard app will have to be downloaded from the PC then transfered to the tablet via the USB cable because I can't inable the wifi on the tablet without the keyboard app to input the wifi password. Isn't the keyboard app one of those app's that can't be changed unless the tablet is rooted?

Steve

Go to the Play store, using her account (you can use a PC or the tablet - it doesn't matter) and install a keyboard (I prefer SwiftKey Keyboard but let her choose what she thinks she'll like (you can even install the Samsung Keyboard, if you or she prefer(s) that one).
    01-11-2018 11:38 PM
    Well I got the free Android Google keyboard downloaded to my laptop then installed to the Samsung tablet via the USB cable and the tablet is back to 100% working. But she is going to have to buy a new wall wart from Ebay. The pawn shop didn't return the wall wart that came with it. This tablet draws more power then a standard wall wart can deliver. I have 1 heavy duty wall wart 5vdc @ 3.1a that I keep for testing.

Steve
    01-12-2018 06:11 PM
    Update on the Samsung Galaxy GT-P5113 Android 4.2 tablet. The tablet is working but very slowly. I tried to download 3 times Adobe Flash Player (the download shows on the status bar at the top of the screen each time). But I can't find the app anywhere on the tablet. I have looked in the square box on the home screen marked "apps", not there. I went to settings > application manager > all app's. Not there ether.

I am having a problem with Firefox for Android, adding an add-on to FireFox called "quit-now" I have added this add-on many times in the past. Now I get the following error "This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox" this is the current version of Android Firefox.

In Windows When I get so many problems with the operating system I just save the files that need saving and wipe the C: drive partition and reinstall the OS clean from the install CD. I have never done a total wipe of the OS and reinstall of Android before. I have done a bit of reading on it so far. I have succesfuly done a few roots on a few phones and tablets. But I am going to need step by step directions and the URL for downloading the needed files. I know enough that if it isn't done right. The tablet will become a nice paper weight. I have 2 RCA tablets that I have to do a total OS wipe and reinstall because of FRP not been done right. This will be a learning experience for me. I always keep my notes in-case I have to do it again down the road.

Steve

PS: That's how I learn new things, doing hands on with step be step directions.
    01-19-2018 11:55 PM