An annoying thing with iTunes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently just switched to a One Plus 3T from an iPhone 6 plus, and I'm loving it. But, my one plus is acting differently when I use iTunes. For example, when I was on my iPhone listening to music, if I clicked on a video for - let's say reddit - after the video was over my music would automatically come back on. However, on Android it completely stops, and this wouldn't be as annoying if the panel for it didn't disappear too when swiping down from the top. It forces me to go back to iTunes and turn it back on until I find another video and have to repeat the process. I know it sounds small, but I listen to my music a lot and this is really annoying me. I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but are you referring to the Apple Music app on your OnePlus 3T? There's no actual iTunes app for Android. It may be an issue with how Apple coded the Apple Music app. What you described doesn't entirely happen with Google Play Music and YouTube -- i.e., if I'm listening to a song on Google Play Music, then open YouTube and tap a video, the music pauses while the video plays, but the Google Play Music notification control remains in the notification panel. The music won't resume automatically after stopping the video, but it's a simple matter of swiping down and tapping the Pause/Play button again.

Another possibility would be if the phone has some aggressive RAM manager built-in, or if you have a 3rd party RAM manager app installed. Something like that might be immediately closing Apple Music out of RAM once you switch to the video app, which means you have to open it back up again if you want to use it. This kind of RAM management is typically not necessary, since the Android system itself should be able to handle that intelligently.