small files no problem, even did a 1gb file but as soon as the file size gets too large it doesn't even start the transfer I just get a warning tone -bring~!! windows 10
    tried renaming and zipping but its just something that is limiting transfer once over a certain size. how do I get around this?
    01-11-2018 05:15 PM
    It may sound dumb to ask, but do you have enough free space on the tablet?
    If yes, what is the size of the file after compressing?

Assuming you wanted to move the file to the SD card on your tablet, the closest cause I can figure out is the size limit for FAT32 system, which is 4GB however.
    Chris5483 likes this.
    01-12-2018 03:11 AM
    Have you tried uploading the file on your computer to Google Drive and then downloading it from Google Drive onto your phone?
    01-12-2018 04:27 AM
    USB has always had that problem - transferring huge files appears to heat the USB chip (or, in the case of a phone, the USB portion of the SoC), to the point that it fails in the middle of a transfer. As Chris said, downloading the file (in this case after uploading it first) normally works.
    01-12-2018 11:25 AM
    USB has always had that problem - transferring huge files appears to heat the USB chip (or, in the case of a phone, the USB portion of the SoC), to the point that it fails in the middle of a transfer. As Chris said, downloading the file (in this case after uploading it first) normally works.
    Really? I transfer huge amounts of data before, like when I first sync like 10GB of music, or when I sync 5GB of textbooks to my tablet, and they all work fine. Takes a while but they work.
    01-12-2018 11:27 AM
    I've seen that before as well -- trying to transfer a huge amount of data at a time can lead to data errors or failed transfers. Have you tried a different USB cable?
    01-12-2018 07:25 PM
    Chanchan, it depends on the USB method involved. The most common USB chip (and the Qualcom USB implementation) just can't handle it. That said, I've also transferred 2-3GB files with no problem, but I replace accessories that don't work under the extreme conditions I subject them to. Since most people don't transfer huge files (or huge blocks of files), the "worst case conditions" the manufacturers of USB chips test for don't involve GB file transfers. (I always have - when FAT32 came out I created a 4GB file to test any new USB board or chip in a new computer, and returned any that failed to transfer the file. [4GB is usually enough to cause failure, and creating a 4GB sparse file takes a few seconds.])
    01-13-2018 05:01 PM
    Chanchan, it depends on the USB method involved. The most common USB chip (and the Qualcom USB implementation) just can't handle it. That said, I've also transferred 2-3GB files with no problem, but I replace accessories that don't work under the extreme conditions I subject them to. Since most people don't transfer huge files (or huge blocks of files), the "worst case conditions" the manufacturers of USB chips test for don't involve GB file transfers. (I always have - when FAT32 came out I created a 4GB file to test any new USB board or chip in a new computer, and returned any that failed to transfer the file. [4GB is usually enough to cause failure, and creating a 4GB sparse file takes a few seconds.])
    If it's Qualcomm thing, that explains why I have never encountered it. All my phones ran Exynos.
    01-13-2018 08:27 PM