I recently made the switch and really like the pixel 2. The issue that I have though is on my iphone when I would start a text and type in the contact I was looking for, the app would bring up that person as well as multiple group text threads that the person was part of that I could select from. I used this feature a ton and right now typing in each person that I want to include is not ideal. I'm trying to find a message app that can do that.
    01-11-2018 07:17 PM
    I'm going to guess you'd need to have convos with those people on your pixel. All the shortcuts from your iPhone don't transfer over. Do they show up after you've had a convo with them?
    01-12-2018 05:15 AM
    You might need to try it a different way. For example, in the SMS app "Textra":
    - start a new message, typing in the "to" field searches only the contacts list from the "contacts" app.
    - using the "search" box at the top of the list of conversations, I get a list of contacts from the contacts app followed by a list of conversations matching the "to" field.
    So, in the "textra" app, you would want to do a "search" instead of a "start new message".
    Different apps may behave slightly differently.
    Sometimes the default SMS app that comes with the phone may be a bit too basic for your needs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 06:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you -- but the way I do it is to go to the Contacts app first, select the group (aka label) that I want to text, then tap Menu>Send Message.
    01-12-2018 01:30 PM
    In Android, there's usually a little "Contacts" icon near the To box. That will bring you to your contacts, where you can choose one or a group. Pretty much the same thing, just one more tap (on some texting apps - some come up in "new text" mode already showing your contacts).
    01-12-2018 01:34 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    01-12-2018 08:15 PM