Hi all,

This is actually a two part question. I have a Galaxy S6 Active. Pretty much since day one, I have used a third party app for texting because I didn't like the limited choices for backgrounds in the stock app. I prefer dark backgrounds on my phone and the few standard backgrounds for messages are all white or light colored. Using the third party app has been fine, until the other day when I got my new Gear Sport. Apparently, you can't have a third party texting app in use if you want to be able to text on the watch, so I ditched the third party app. I'm now left wondering if I just didn't look hard enough in the Galaxy Apps or somewhere else to find a darker setting for the stock messages app on the S6 Active.

The second part of the question is related to the Messages app. It seems like almost every time I use my phone since making the switch to the stock Messages app, it will randomly open the Messages app even without the icon being touched by me. At first I thought it was maybe that I was doing it without realizing it, but it has still happened even after I relocated the app icon on my screen. Is there a way of preventing this?

Many thanks!
    01-12-2018 12:00 PM
    I use the Samsung Themes app. I love it. It has everything from seasonal to just colors and changes your background, your lock screen, and your messaging app background and bubble colors. Some you have to pay for (haven't seen any over $3, and they're usually the really fancy ones) but most are free, or around $1. I find a lot of good free ones. Not sure if it's available for the watch but you might try it.
    01-12-2018 10:41 PM
    Thanks Rachel. I just need it for my phone. The watch is fine with its black background.

Any idea about how to stop the Messages app from automatically opening on my phone? It happens even if I haven't received a new text and always opens to the conversation thread of one person.
    01-13-2018 10:45 AM