So my phone called a random number on its own. Apparently I'm not the first. I've downloaded apps that have asked permission to "make and manage phone calls". I always deny and check never ask again. I checked my permissions and none of the apps have permission to do so. This wasn't a pocket dial, it did it right in front of my eyes, when I wasn't touching it, while it was sitting on the coffee table. Its a Motorola g4. It didn't make an international call, it called local, to a number I don't know. This is disturbing. For example, what if I had the phone on the bedside table while making love and it suddenly decided to call a kid? Or my grandparents? Or 911 ? It could start making long distance calls, cost me hundreds of dollars. If anyone else is having this issue, we need to resolve it.
    01-12-2018 12:07 PM
    Sounds like it is faulty -- no other explanation if you're fully sure it wasn't an app.

Also long distance calls? There isn't such a thing.
    01-12-2018 05:51 PM