I have had my 64gb SanDisk ultra sd card for around a year and 4 months now, and it was first used in my old Chinese Cubot phone, which was also the last use. As when that phone eventually died the sd card seemed to at the same time. I went to back up some of the data from it then format it, but I could not copy or format from it. It was and still is readable, in a Fat32 format and I can view pictures from it and so on. But whatever I try I cannot do anything to crack it. So far I have tried recovery software, cmd, diskpart.exe, Using macOS, putting it into another android phone, and so on. But no success. When I try to delete any files they reappear after a refresh. I would love to get it to working health again as It cost a fair amount
    01-13-2018 11:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you can't format it from a PC, chances are that the card is corrupt or damaged. There's generally nothing you can do about it, and even if there were, it'd be risky to keep using it, since there'd be a higher chance that it will completely fail on you without further warning. Remember that SD cards are generally not as reliable as onboard memory, because the chips that are used are low quality. SD cards also have a finite lifespan in terms of read-write cycles. 1.5 yrs is a pretty short lifespan for a card, but it's not out of the question if the card is used pretty intensively over that time period.

Sandisk has a good warranty for its cards, so you could contact them and ask for a replacement: https://www.sandisk.com/about/legal/...warranty-table
    01-14-2018 09:41 PM