I am a S7 edge user and I've been using it since September 2016. Now, January 2018 when I charged my phone it says "Approximately 3 hr 20 minutes until fully charged" using cable charging from the box. And with the fast charging enabled, it says "Approximately 1 hr 30 min until fully charged". What happened to my phone? Is it the cable? Is it the battery? Is it the phone?
    And when it's fully charged 100%, the estimated battery time is only 10 hours or less. It's usually up until 18 hours and more.

Help me!
    01-13-2018 11:30 AM
    First the time. It most likely is the cable causing the slower charge time. It could be the plug but those are usually pretty robust, but it is possible. Often if it is a battery issue you'll experience the opposite problem. The battery will charge very quickly and will discharge very quickly. With charge times like that I'm a bit surprised that your device isn't giving you warnings that, your device is consuming more power than your charger can supply, and then go on to ask you to connect the original charger, or to plug into a wall outlet. Is the device getting hot while charging? This is often a sign that either your cable is going out or there is a process on your device that is consuming a high volume of power. Either of which will cause longer charging times also. Try a new cable and see if that doesn't cure your issue.
    01-13-2018 12:02 PM
    I would also suggest replacing the USB cable, because they are the cheapest option and prone to going bad in mobile device usage. But I'm also going to be suspect of your battery. As old as it is, I'm sure that's most of the reason for the reduced usage time. It may also be part of the problem with the charging time. As batteries agree, their internal resistance goes up. That can result in longer charging times, plus create extra heat during charging.
    01-13-2018 12:50 PM
    Have you been draining it almost all the way down before charging it, regularly for all these 17 months? If so, the battery is probably shot. a lithium battery is not a deep discharge battery. You should never let it drain down below 40% before recharging it if you want it to last a long time. (It's not a problem with many people trading up every year, but if you keep the phone for a few years, and especially with the new phone philosophy that if it's good enough for Apple, no one should be able to replace a cellphone's battery, it's a problem.)
    Tim1954 likes this.
    01-13-2018 02:44 PM