Sorry guys, i made a grievous mistake whilst trying to factory reset my wife's samsung J7 by using the free 30 days trial of fonepaw android recovery tool. It was only after resetting the phone that i realized the software wont restore except i buy which is a bit tight now. Can you recommend another free software that can use this backup i have from fonepaw to restore back into the phone. This is really a matter of integrity and she has most of her important contacts on the phone. Please kindly help.
    01-14-2018 03:55 AM
    Unlikely. Fonepaw would put in measures to prevent this since they want you to pay. The file most likely is encrypted with only Fonepaw having the key.

I'm more confused as to why you used fonepaw since Samsung and Google already provides built in backup solutions. Samsung also provides a free backup to PC program (SmartSwitch for Windows/Mac).
    01-14-2018 05:30 AM
    According to the pages of Fonepaw official website, the contacts its software backed up are in csv/vcf/html formats. Firstly, find the files(If you don't know where they are, just do another backup and the locations should be close). Then either copy the vcf file to the Samsung phone memory and import through the Contact app, or import the csv file through https://contacts.google.com/ and sync via Google contacts. If Fonepaw does the job as it said, this should work.
    01-14-2018 05:53 AM
    According to the pages of Fonepaw official website, the contacts its software backed up are in csv/vcf/html formats. Firstly, find the files(If you don't know where they are, just do another backup and the locations should be close). Then either copy the vcf file to the Samsung phone memory and import through the Contact app, or import the csv file through https://contacts.google.com/ and sync via Google contacts. If Fonepaw does the job as it said, this should work.
    Actually they could do it as they said but still won't work for uploading. Vcf and csv are just file types. The tags inside should also match for importing to work completely. That's also assuming they didn't encrypt the file.
    Thacy likes this.
    01-14-2018 06:06 AM
    Actually they could do it as they said but still won't work for uploading. Vcf and csv are just file types. The tags inside should also match for importing to work completely. That's also assuming they didn't encrypt the file.
    Yes, you're right. Just tried it, and they did encrypt the file of contacts, sms, etc.
    01-14-2018 06:30 AM