Help this granny lost her email app 0lz help

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I foolishly threw out my email app icon in the trash can. I have an LG G Stylo Android I looked everywhere including in my apps and there is no Gmail icon so I went to the Play Store uninstall and then I figured I could reinstall it no the Play Store and its Infinite Wisdom gives me two choices since I uninstalled it I was going to reinstall it. But i now had 2 choices. Updare and openI then had two choice I can open or update. I I am a blind old lady with one eye I see shadows out of the other eye is completely blank so I depend on Google Talk which keeps messing up my words here it's hard for me to go to Play Store and look up my proper Gmail I have I cannot find it it's not where I have that round thing that has 6 dots in it which has shows all my apps my apps is not there for my Gmail thank you somebody please send me an email for the Android I have and this is an LG G Stylo s t y l i o thank you this Grandma appreciate you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes, some phone manufacturers make a folder for Google apps. Maybe you have a folder like that and Gmail is most likely in there.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes, some phone manufacturers make a folder for Google apps. Maybe you have a folder like that and Gmail is most likely in there.
Yes, go to the folder marked Google Apps. It will be on your app page, not your home page. In the folder should be another Gmail icon which you can launch from there or drag it to where the old one was.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would also mention that you can't completely uninstall the Gmail app, since it's preinstalled on virtually every Android phone. Since you only say an Update or Open button in the Play Store page for Gmail, that means it's on your phone, and you only uninstalled all of the updates. I would Update it again, and then look for it as mentioned above.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in the app drawer (it's usually on the bottom of the screen). Open that, then look for GMail. Long-press it and drag it to the desktop.

What you threw in the trash was a shortcut - dragging the app to the desktop simply creates another shortcut. The app itself, which is what runs when you tap the shortcut, will update if it needs updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34