I purchased a smartphone from China, but unfortunately there are only 2 languages (both are chinese) in the android os. No other languages are there. It seems like english language pack itself has not been provided in the os by the developer.

Could you please provide me the ways how to get the english language pack in OS. Now all the icons are in chinese and unable to change them.

This is MTK6571, version 5.1

Make: 4GVolte
    01-14-2018 01:43 PM
    The make most likely isn't 4GLTE, that's the capability of the phone. (If that's the make, you're out of luck - I doubt that anyone but the manufacturer has ever heard of it.) MTK6571 is the "system on chip" - the SoC used by the phone (CPU, RAM, ROM, etc.) - many manufacturers use it. Version 5.1 is the version of Android.

If the phone is made solely for the Chinese market, there probably is no way of putting English in it. If it's just the Chinese version of a common phone (Samsung, LG, etc.) there might be.

(Please join Android Central so you can continue the conversation here, instead of starting a new thread for each answer.)
    01-14-2018 04:18 PM