Hi there,

I have a new phone (Moto Z2 Play) and when I plug it into the PC via USB it doesn't show any files ("This folder is empty."). Further, if I try to drag and drop files into the folder from my PC, I get the following error pop-up: "Cannot copy item - The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

Can someone help me show these files? I am just trying to move music files from my old phone to my new phone, but of course I will need to access my phone's files for other reasons down the road. Would be nice to move the music files now so I don't have to carry two phones around with me forever (my friends already all make fun of me for having two phones; they say I look like a drug dealer).

Many thanks!
    01-14-2018 01:52 PM
    Check your phone maker's website. There may be some updated device drivers available.

Which version of Windows are you using?
    Which version of Android is the phone running?
    01-14-2018 02:20 PM
    Check your phone maker's website. There may be some updated device drivers available.

Which version of Windows are you using?
    Which version of Android is the phone running?
    I am using Windows 10 and Android version 7.1.1. Couldn't find anything driver-related.
    01-14-2018 02:28 PM
    And Windows 10 should be able to transfer files without a driver. I'd guess that either the cable is bad, the USB port on the PC (or the one on the phone) is bad, or you're using a USB hub. Make sure you connect the phone directly to the PC, not into a hub.
    01-14-2018 03:51 PM
    And Windows 10 should be able to transfer files without a driver. I'd guess that either the cable is bad, the USB port on the PC (or the one on the phone) is bad, or you're using a USB hub. Make sure you connect the phone directly to the PC, not into a hub.
    It's a brand new cable and I tried multiple ports. Is there some thing where I need to set up the phone to my computer before I can access its files on it? I don't remember doing that with my previous phone but still, thought I'd bring it up anyway.
    01-14-2018 09:15 PM