I bought a Samsung j3 phone off sum random guy but it's an art phone I'm trying to swap my metropcs line to it but having sum difficulties doing so it's asking me for a unlock code and email address for the Google account which I don't have.. please help
    01-14-2018 01:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where is it asking for the Google account of the previous owner? Did you do a factory reset, and that's where it's asking? If so, did that random guy properly remove his Google account prior to the reset? That has to be done in order for the reset to be considered authorized. Otherwise, Google's Factory Reset Protection will kick in, and after the reset is done, it will prompt the user to enter the previous Google account's name and password. This is meant to discourage a thief from stealing a phone and doing a simple factory reset to make it their own.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-14-2018 08:55 PM